Product liability refers to a manufacturer or seller being held liable for placing a defective product into the hands of a consumer. Responsibility for a product defect that causes injury lies with all sellers of the product who are in the distribution chain.
You get your flooring in and you begin to install and you notice there is an issue. The tongue and groove is not locking into each other causing the flooring to bow and buckle.
The installer has called you all day while you were at work complaining about the issue stating:
-The flooring material you purchased is not suitable
- Now his men have all come out to the job
- Time aside to do the job
Now you thinking...
- The flooring is all out the boxes
- How do I correct this
- How does Supplier Correct this
- What about Installer
- I paid Installer a Deposit - Is that lost
- The entire crew came out to install - Now What
- My home is a mess
- How long will this take
First things first....
1. Do you have the time to follow up with all parties to resolve this matter.
- Take Pictures of all angles of the flooring
2. Contact the supplier
A. Is there a return policy
B. Is there a refund policy
C. Are you going to send someone to pick up old and bring new
D. Ask for contact email to send copies of pics
E. What can you do and When will you do!?
- Some suppliers will get right on it
- Some suppliers won't
* You have a schedule to keep for you and install crew
* Get the " What you want to hear with No action Speech
* Sent into processing - with long wait times
2. If you are not being assisted properly...THINK MEDIATION!
- You don't want your home a mess till resolved with a law suit.
- There is no way you want to cover the cost and recoup later.
- You are not the only one on hold - You and your Installers are.
3. Contact Choice Mediation Solutions
A. We will arrange for the supplier, Installer, etc to be present.
B. This will assist all parties to be heard and have clarity.
C. All parties can come into agreement on what is best for all.
D. Everyone with authority to refund, replace, settle are present.
E. A legal binding resolution is made and there are no exceptions.
Why Mediation and Not Litigation.
YOU DO NOT WANT MORE TIME AND MONEY ADDED TO WHAT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED. RESOLVE NOW WITH MEDIATION AND HAVE A LEGAL BINDING CONTRACT THAT HAS TO BE FOLLOWED.
You do not need an attorney for this process ( Unless you see you prefer it or you have already hired an attorney and would like to get this process out of a standstill and in motion....Not that an attorney would have you at a standstill by no means. However you have to wait your turn with the court systems and let's face it...you spend more time and money doing so.
At this point you are still part of your
PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM
NOT PERSONAL INJURY OR PRODUCT LIABILITY CASE.
With Mediation the claim is handled quickly, directly,and quietly.
ASK ABOUT OUR PRE -MEDIATION ASSISTANCE, MEDIATION NEGOTIATION CONFERENCE CALL SESSION
- IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A VOICE SPEAKING FOR YOU AS A NEUTRAL THIRD PARTY TO ATTEMPT A LEGAL BINDING RESOLUTION BY PHONE PRIOR TO A SIT DOWN MEDIATION.
The main thing is hear to realize. Over 95% of claims settle. Meaning they do not get heard by the judge or jury. You either go all the way to court and get an offer or they present an offer sometime prior to court.
Some reasons for this is:
- Over Crowed Court Rooms
- Need to get the claim resolved
- Closure for Everyone
Settlements are great but not at the tale end of a case.
Some reasons why:
- Attorney fees
- Witness - Deposition Fees and time
- Expert fees
- Time from Work
- Time it takes for closure
- Extended Wait times for court
All of witch comes out of your bottom line settlement one way or the other.
So what is your options and rights and the fastest way to resolve a claim and remain protected.
What Mediation does for you
- Gives you a legal binding contract agreement.
- Allows you to sit with the opposing side
- Allows you to speak on how this had/will affected you.
- Negotiate real numbers from your perspective
- Get opposing sides direct response and views.
- Meet with the decision maker and come in to agreement on what it will take to matter resolved and have closure.
Studies show a case of this sort going to court and settling after 3 years. During this time home owners did not have the additional money to replace the flooring and the existing flooring was already taken out. Homeowners had a law suit filed on them from the installer due to breech of contract and lost all deposits paid to the installer. In court the opposing side offered to replace flooring and pay for the installer on a set budget.
Studies show a similar case went to mediation and a negotiation was reached in the amount of cost of material and installer in a matter of 7 days.
Mediation is fast and effective!
Mediation allows you to have a voice in the matter!
Mediation gives you closure!
Mediation saves time and money!
Mediation is the key to resolving matters. Do not get stuck in a large overwhelming setting time and time again in doctor visits, depositions and in intimidating court rooms.
Adjusters will respect that you want to keep this matter quiet and they tend to cover all mediation charges due to you showing good faith that you are not wanting all you can get..you are just wanting to have what you lost and be who you were before this happened.
Inquire about our personal injury flat fee rates.
PROMO CODE: PI2016
Do you need an attorney for Mediation? No
Can you request a mediation if you have filed suit already and have an attorney? Yes!!
Whether you have an attorney and you want to get things back in motion or you have not hired an attorney yet and you would like to keep things simple and quiet and press on...Mediation Works