You are on the way home, to work or simply going about your day and you are involved in an auto accident. Someone hits you from behind, misses a stop sign or worse.
You begin to think
- Am I ok
- Is the Person riding with me ok
- Is the person in the other vehicle ok
- Do I call the cops
- What is next
- No what ...I am going to be late
- Do I still go to work or my apt
- How will this affect my life now
- How will I get here now
- What if I can not work
- What will my spouse, parent, child think of this
And that is why we all have to have and maintain proper insurance...To Use IT...To BE PROTECTED WHEN WE NEED IT.
We must stop condemning ourselves when something happens to us and follow the steps that are set in place in the event something does happen. At the end of the day you did not want or ask for this to happen. You just want to be taken care of so you can ultimately return to your normal duties.
You have to go into protection mode.
Protect your family
Protect your income
Protect your rights
Protect the company you work for.
Do not go into defense mode.
The accident happened.
KNOW THAT YOU CAN GET JUST AS MUCH DONE BY FILING A CLAIM....NOT A LAW SUIT
1.Request a police report
-Typically this will be available in about 5 days
- You can get it online or at the police station nearest to the accident.
2.File a claim with the insurance companies
- Ask What types of coverage they have and make a note of it.
- Request the Claim number and Adjuster- assigned to your claim - Get contact information to the adjuster or the next department you will need to speak to.
3. Inform your insurance agency.
4. See a doctor to ensure you are ok. Often times due to shock we do not feel the affects right away and this can be dangerous to our health.
OK - NOW
1. IS WHEN THE ADJUSTER STEPS IN.
2. IS WHEN YOU TYPICALLY SEEK AN ATTORNEY
BUT WAIT AND ENSURE ALL YOUR OPTIONS FIRST.
The adjuster will make contact with you and come out to your location and check the vehicle and usually cut you a payment in the amount of the damages on site.
- it is good to have at least 2 estimates prepared prior to this visit to ensure you and your adjuster are on the same page.
This is all great for your vehicle.
BUT WHAT ABOUT YOU!!??
Shouldn't you get this same treatment???
Yes...you should and insurance companies have this service for you as top priority however they are used to you seeking counsel and will not speak of it unless you ask...due to the fact that you may already have counsel.
So what does this all mean.??
You need the same treatment your vehicle gets.
You need to get a check up and opinion from your doctor and even a second opinion if you see fit and request a mediation.
You do not need an attorney for this process it is still part of your PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM - NOT PERSONAL INJURY CASE.
THE ADJUSTER, INSURANCE COMPANY AND OPPOSING SIDE WILL BE HAPPY TO WORK WITH YOU THROUGH MEDIATION FOR SEVERAL REASONS.
- The claim is handled quickly, directly,and quietly.
Your adjuster signs a legal binding agreement to:
- Attend the Mediation
- Discuss the Claim in it's Entirety
- And has the Authority to Approve Negotiation Amounts and Settle with you.
The main thing is hear to realize. Over 95% of claims settle. Meaning they do not get heard by the judge or jury. You either go all the way to court and get an offer or they present an offer sometime prior to court.
Some reasons for this is:
- Over Crowed Court Rooms
- Need to get the claim resolved
- Closure for Everyone
Settlements are great but not at the tale end of a case.
Some reasons why:
- Attorney fees
- Medical expense
- Witness - Deposition Fees and time
- Expert fees
- Time from Work
- Time it takes for closure
- Extended Wait times for court
All of witch comes out of your bottom line settlement one way or the other.
So what is your options and rights and the fastest way to resolve a claim and remain protected.
What Mediation does for you
- Gives you a legal binding contract agreement.
- Allows you to sit with the opposing side and speak on how this had affected you and will affect you.
- Negotiate real numbers from your perspective and get opposing sides direct response and views.
- Meet with the decision maker and come in to agreement on what it will take to get you back to your best literally, financially and medically.
- Allows the adjuster and yourself not to have a law suit on your record.
- Shows the company you are simply wanting what is right and want to speak about how this has affected you and them.
- Concludes with more of the settlement in your pocket without all the cost of litigation ( law suit )
Studies show a settlement of 15,000 in a settlement offer in court
After deductions the client cleared 2,500.00.
Studies show a similar case went to mediation and a negotiation was reached in the amount of 10,000 and the client took home 8,500.
Mediation is fast and effective!
Mediation allows you to have a voice in the matter!
Mediation gives you closure!
Mediation saves time and money!
Mediation is the key to resolving matters. Do not get stuck in a large overwhelming setting time and time again in doctor visits, depositions and in intimidating court rooms.
Adjusters will respect that you want to keep this matter quiet and they tend to cover all mediation charges due to you showing good faith that you are not wanting all you can get..you are just wanting to have what you lost and be who you were before this happened.
Inquire about our personal injury flat fee rates.
PROMO CODE: PI2016
Do you need an attorney for Mediation? No
Can you request a mediation if you have filed suit already and have an attorney? Yes!!
Whether you have an attorney and you want to get things back in motion or you have not hired an attorney yet and you would like to keep things simple and quiet and press on...Mediation Works