DID YOU SLIP AND FALL OR GET HURT AT WORK???
DID YOU SLIP AND FALL OR GET HURT AT WORK???
DO I NEED AN ATTORNEY OR CAN I DO THIS?
An attorney is always helpful, however you can go to mediation and resolve alone.
You are a work and you are going about your normal routine and you been there with the company for years and you know your footing and you know you place, but for some reason you slip and fall.
So many things go through your mind.
- Should I say something.
- What if they think I am just trying to get a case.
- What if I wake up in the morning and can not work.
- What will my boss, coworkers think if I have to file a claim
- What will my spouse say if I can not work
- What if I can not work
- What will my parents or children think of me if I can't work
- Do I need to say something or is it ok to wait
The thing is accidents happen.
You and the company you work for pays insurance because the odds are accidents will happen.
We must stop condemning ourselves when something happens to us and follow the steps that are set in place in the event something does happen. At the end of the day you work hard, you give it your all and if an accident should occur I would hope you are protected and taken care of so you can ultimately return to your normal duties.
You have to go into protection mode.
Protect your family
Protect your income
Protect your rights
Protect the company you work for.
Do not go into defense mode.
The accident happened.
File a claim to inform others of what happened.
See a doctor so that your rights, and position is protected.
And be open and honest to work with the company you work for.
- Now some companies will go into defense mode to protect insurance rates, safety flags, etc.
- Do not let that get to you.
- Stay focused.
You have options and they have options for you.
- Insurance Claims
- Workman's Comp
- Disability Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Short term/Long Term Disability
The main thing is hear to realize. Over 95% of claims settle. Meaning they do not get heard by the judge or jury. You either go all the way to court and get an offer or they present an offer sometime prior to court.
Some reasons for this is:
- Over Crowed Court Rooms
- Need to get the claim resolved
- Need to not go to court
Settlements are great but not at the tale end of a case.
Some reasons why:
- Attorney fees
- Medical expense
- Witness - Deposition Fees and time
- Expert fees
- Time from Work
- Time it takes for closure
- Extended Wait times for court
All of witch comes out of your bottom line settlement one way or the other.
So what is your options and rights and the fastest way to resolve a claim and remain protected.
What Mediation does for you
- Allows you to sit with the opposing side and speak on how this had affected you and will affect you.
- Negotiate real numbers from your perspective and get opposing sides direct response and views.
- Meet with the decision maker and come in to agreement on what it will take to get you back to your best literally, financially and medically.
-Allows the company and yourself not to have a law suit on your record.
- Shows the company you are simply wanting what is right and want to speak about how this has affected you and them.
- Concludes with more of the settlement in your pocket without all the cost of litigation ( law suit )
Studies show a settlement of 125,000 in a settlement offer in court
After deductions the client cleared 23,000.
Studies show a similar case went to mediation and a negotiation was reached in the amount of 50,000 and the client took home 45,500.
Mediation is fast and effective
Mediation allows you to have a voice in the matter
Mediation gives you closure
Mediation saves time and money
Mediation is the key to resolving matters. Do not get stuck in a large overwhelming setting time and time again in doctor visits, depositions and in intimidating court rooms.
Companies will respect that you want to keep this matter quiet and they tend to cover all mediation charges due to you showing good faith that you are not wanting all you can get..you are just wanting to have what you lost and be who you were before this happened.
Inquire about our personal injury flat fee rates.
PROMO CODE: PI2016
Do you need an attorney for Mediation? No
Can you request a mediation if you have filed suit already and have an attorney? Yes!!
Whether you have an attorney and you want to get things back in motion or you have not hired an attorney yet and you would like to keep things simple and quiet and press on...Mediation Works
CHOICE MEDIATION SOLUTIONS TODAY!
"WHERE YOUR VOICE COUNTS"
MAIN OFFICE: LAFAYETTE, LA